Improve the overall performance of your PlayStation Vita system with the latest system software update.
An update to the PlayStation®Vita system software was released on 28.03.14. You can use this to update your system software to version 3.12.
A PS Vita system software update is required to use PSN features and some features on the system. Also, downloading and installing the PS Vita system software update will update your PS Vita system's operating system to include the latest security patches, as well as new and revised applications, features, and settings. It is recommended that you always maintain your system to use the latest version of the system software.
Main features in system software update version 3.12
- System software stability during use of some features has been improved.
- Do not download or install the update using data other than the official update file provided online or on a PS Vita card by Sony Computer Entertainment. Do not download or install updates by methods other than those described in the system documentation or on this website. If you download or install update data from a different source, by a different method, or on a PS Vita system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PS Vita system might not operate properly and might not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions can void the PS Vita system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.
- Do not turn off the power or remove the memory card for your PS Vita system during the update process. Interrupting the update can cause a system malfunction.
- It might not be possible to start the update if the battery charge level is low.
- You might not be able to use some applications or content without first updating the system software.