Download PS Vita system software version 2.10 to tidy up your home screen, watch videos online, send messages to multiple contacts and more.
An update to the PS Vita system software was released on 10 April 2013. If you update your PS Vita system, the system software version will be 2.10 and the following features will be updated.
A PS Vita system software update is required to use PlayStation Network features and some features on the system. Also, downloading and installing the PS Vita system software update will update your PS Vita system's operating system to include the latest security patches, as well as new and revised applications, features and settings. It is recommended that you always maintain your system to use the latest version of the system software.
Main features in system software update version 2.10
- An icon now appears on the info bar when a PS Vita card is inserted.
- You can now watch streaming videos on a web page.
- To watch streaming videos, a memory card must be inserted in your PS Vita system.
Note: Some types of video cannot be played.
- [Mute Automatically] has been added under [Sound & Display] as an option. When this setting is turned on and headphones are disconnected from the headset jack, audio from the PS Vita system's speakers is automatically muted. To restore the original volume, press the VOL + button or the VOL – button. When listening to music under Music, tap [Play].
- The number of applications you can control using the buttons on the PS Vita system has been increased.
Other new or revised features in version 2.10
- Update files for your purchased PlayStation Mobile format software can now be automatically downloaded. To use this feature, a subscription to PlayStation Plus is necessary. Tap the Settings > [Start] > [PlayStation®Network] > [Automatic Update Settings] > [Update Automatically] checkbox to set a checkmark.
- A connection to the Internet using a Wi-Fi connection might be required to automatically update.
- When reporting content purchased from PlayStation Mobile as inappropriate, details can now be included.
- Multiple contacts can now be selected at once when a new message is created. Contacts can be selected from [Friends] and [Party].
- Still images can now be displayed in high resolution when enlarged.
- You can now upload or download saved data for games to Online Storage using a mobile network. To use this feature, a subscription to PlayStation Plus is necessary.
- When you copy PS Vita format software from a PS3 system, you can now check whether update data is available and automatically download it. The system software of the PS3 system must be version 4.40 or later.
- You can now add a name to PS Vita system backup data when saving it to a PS3 system or a computer (Windows®/Mac). The system software of the PS3 system must be version 4.40 or later and the Content Manager Assistant for PlayStation on your computer must be updated.
- [Body] and [All] have been added as search targets for email messages.
- When you tap [Other] to add an email account, the information you add has been simplified.
- Folder assignments of email accounts supporting IMAP have been improved.
- All contacts can now be deleted at once. You can delete the contact list after tapping Options > [Settings] > [Format Email Application Database] to delete the account.
- [Use Wi-Fi in Power Save Mode] has been added under [Power Save Settings] as an option.
- [Disconnect Wi-Fi Connection Automatically] under [Network] > [Wi-Fi Settings] has been removed.
- The layout of the home screen can now be saved on a memory card.
- Do not download or install the update using data other than the official update data provided online or on a PS Vita card by Sony Computer Entertainment. Do not download or install updates by methods other than those described in the system documentation or on this website. If you download or install update data from a different source, by a different method, or on a PS Vita system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PS Vita system might not operate properly and might not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions can void the PS Vita system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.
- This update is for PS Vita systems purchased in Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Africa, Gulf states and India. Do not update your PS Vita system using this website if you purchased your system outside of these regions. There is no guarantee of proper operation with models sold outside of these regions. For details about PS Vita systems purchased outside of Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Africa, Gulf states and India, please visit the website for your region.
- Do not turn off the power or remove the memory card for the PS Vita system during the update process. Interrupting the update can cause a system malfunction.
- It might not be possible to start the update if the battery charge level is low.
- The power button and the PS button do not function during the system update process.
- You might not be able to use some applications or content without first updating the system software.