Find out how to use a Bluetooth® device (such as a mobile phone) as a modem to connect your PSP to the Internet. [Only for PSP-N1000 series (PSPgo)]
Only for PSP-N1000 series (PSPgo)
Dial-up Networking (DUN) is one of the supported Bluetooth® profiles.
- If you use this feature to connect your system to the Internet, you may be charged for fees related to the Internet use or connection. Check your service provider's rate plan charges in advance. Your service provider's flat rate plan may not cover an Internet connection using Bluetooth®, and additional charges may apply depending on download size and connection time.
- To use this feature, the Bluetooth® device you use must also support the DUN profile.
Setting up the Internet connection
1. Select Settings > [Bluetooth® Device Settings] > [Manage Bluetooth® Devices] to register a Bluetooth® device such as a mobile phone. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the registration.
2. Select Settings > [Network Settings], and then select [Infrastructure Mode].
3. Select [New Connection].
4. Select [Bluetooth® Modem].
5. Select the Bluetooth® device that you registered in step 1.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the operation.
Connecting to the Internet
When connecting your system to the Internet, a list of available connections will be displayed. Select the connection that you set to use with the registered Bluetooth® device.
Disconnecting from the Internet
1. Select Settings > [Bluetooth® Device Settings] > [Manage Bluetooth® Devices].
2. Select the Bluetooth® device that is connected, and then press the Triangle button.
3. Select [Disconnect] from the options menu that is displayed.
- When registering a mobile phone as a Bluetooth® device, you may be requested to enter information such as [Dial-up Number] or [User Name]. If you do not know this information, contact the service provider for your mobile phone.