Warhawk has been blessed with a new patch adding a host of goodies to the online vehicular action title.
Warhawk is the game that just keeps on giving. Not only are there expansion packs such as Operation Broken Mirror offering new vehicles, terrain and more, there is now a totally free present for Wahawk fans, rewarding their loyalty to the popular game.
Available on July 16, 2008, Warhawk patch 1.4 offers a massive array of extras and enhancements to the game. The update includes:
- Two new gameplay modes, Collection and Hero, for every map in the game. Hero is a team based mode where one member of each team is randomly selected to be a Hero, and players score points by killing the enemy Hero or by killing enemies while they're the Hero. The team that reaches the score limit first (or has the most points when time runs out) wins the game. Collection is a multi-flag Capture the Flag mode where you score points by capturing a rival's Energy Cores and take them to your team's Reactor.
- A Quick-Join feature for players to get into their favourite games more quickly and easily by automatically scanning the server list and selecting a game based on your settings.
- Updated mini-map Go-To feature, which draws a line of the fastest route onto the map for you.
- A host of Rank and Award Updates to make ranking up easier.
- A respawn selection hint to keep you aware of your repsawn point options after you have died.
- A new Winning Team ribbon which is awarded to every member of the winning team, as well as 50 bonus points.
- A Kick-Idle player Server option to automatically remove idle participants.
These are but a mere sprinkling of the gems that await you in Warhawk patch 1.4, with more to come as future updates will also include Trophy support. In the meantime, get downloading, keep your eyes on the skies and truly take flight like never before.