Improve the performance of your PS3 system with the latest system software update.
An update to the PS3 system software was released on 27 June 2013. If you update your PS3 system, the system software version will be 4.46 and the following features will be updated. In order to download PS3 system software version 4.46, you will need a minimum 200MB of free space on either the PS3 Hard Disk Drive (System Update) or on removable storage media (PC Update).
Main features in system software update version 4.46
Image ©2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.
- You can now hide notifications when you earn a trophy.
- An issue in which the XMB™ (XrossMediaBar) Menu is not displayed after updating the system software to version 4.45 was observed. This version of the system software addresses this issue.
- If the XMB Menu is not displayed, you must perform the update by starting the system in Safe Mode. Visit faq.en.playstation.com to find out how.
- Depending on the software title, you may not be able to play without first updating the PS3 system software.
- Do not perform updates using any data other than the official update data provided by Sony Computer Entertainment over a network or on disc media, and do not perform updates by methods other than those described in the product documentation or in this site. If an update is performed using data from another source, by another method, or with a PS3 system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PS3 system may not operate properly and may not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions may void the PS3 system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.