Find out what features are included in PS3 system software update 4.10.
An update to the PS3 system software was released on 8 February 2012. If you update your PS3 system, the system software version will be 4.10 and the following features will be updated. In order to download PS3 system software version 4.10, you will need a minimum 180MB of free space on either the PS3 Hard Disk Drive (System Update) or on removable storage media (PC Update).
Main features in system software update version 4.10
- Setting the date and time automatically
[Set Automatically] has been added as an option under [Settings] > [Date and Time Settings].
Other new or revised features in version 4.10
- The Internet browser has been improved for better content display.
- [PlayStation®Network account] has been renamed to [Sony Entertainment Network account]. You can continue using your current sign-in ID and password to sign in to PlayStation Network.
- Depending on the software title, you may not be able to play without first updating the PS3 system software.
- Do not perform updates using any data other than the official update data provided by Sony Computer Entertainment over a network or on disc media, and do not perform updates by methods other than those described in the product documentation or in this site. If an update is performed using data from another source, by another method, or with a PS3 system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PS3 system may not operate properly and may not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions may void the PS3 system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.