Find out what features are included in PS3 system software update 3.50.
An update to the PS3 system software was released on 21 September 2010. If you update your PS3 system, the system software version will be 3.50 and the following features will be updated. In order to download PS3 system software version 3.50, you will need a minimum 170MB of free space on either the PS3 Hard Disk Drive (System Update) or on removable storage media (PC Update).
Main features in system software update version 3.50
- Blu-ray 3D™ disc playback
The PS3 system can now play 3D content on Blu-ray 3D discs.
- A 3D compatible television that complies with the 3D standard and a high-speed HDMI cable are required to watch 3D content.
- Depending on the content, some elements may be displayed differently in 3D on the PS3 system than on other playback devices.
Other new or revised features in version 3.50
- You can now submit grief reports if you receive unwelcome or harassing messages.
- You can now access public information on Facebook from Facebook-supported games.
"Blu-ray 3D" and "Blu-ray 3D" logo are trademarks of the Blu-ray Disc Association.
Facebook is a service that helps you connect and share with the people in your life. Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
- Depending on the software title, you may not be able to play without first updating the PS3 system software.
- Do not perform updates using any data other than the official update data provided by Sony Computer Entertainment over a network or on disc media, and do not perform updates by methods other than those described in the product documentation or in this site. If an update is performed using data from another source, by another method, or with a PS3 system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PS3 system may not operate properly and may not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions may void the PS3 system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.