Find out what features are included in PS3 system software update 3.40.
An update to the PS3 system software was released on 29 June 2010. If you update your PS3 system, the system software version will be 3.40 and the following features will be updated. In order to download PS3 system software version 3.40, you will need a minimum 165MB of free space on either the PS3 Hard Disk Drive (System Update) or on removable storage media (PC Update).
Main features in system software update version 3.40
- PlayStation®Plus subscription
PlayStation Plus subscription is now supported on PlayStation Network. Find out more at eu.playstation.com/playstationplus.
- PlayStation®Network Area of Photo Gallery
[PlayStation®Network Area] has been added under [Photo Gallery]. You can now use Photo Gallery to browse photos from Facebook® or Picasa™ Web Albums. You can also share photos from Photo Gallery with your Friends on PlayStation Network.
Using the video editing and uploading feature, you can now edit video content that is saved on your PS3 system's hard disk and upload it to Facebook or YouTube™.
Facebook is a service that helps you connect and share with the people in your life. Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
YouTube and Picasa are trademarks of Google Inc.
Other new or revised features in version 3.40
- [Deep Color Output (HDMI)] has been added as an option under [Display Settings].
- [Automatic Update] has been added as a feature under [System Settings]. This feature is exclusively for use by PlayStation Plus subscribers.
- The default setting for [System Auto-Off] under [Power Save Settings] has been changed to [After 2 Hours].
- You can now print a photo in [Photo Gallery].
- You can now delete a photo in [Photo Gallery].
- You can now see the trophy level of a Friend by selecting the Friend's avatar.
- You can now use a five-star rating system to evaluate products that you purchase from PlayStation Store.
- The internal clock functionality that accounts for leap years has been improved.
- Depending on the software title, you may not be able to play without first updating the PS3 system software.
- Do not perform updates using any data other than the official update data provided by Sony Computer Entertainment over a network or on disc media, and do not perform updates by methods other than those described in the product documentation or in this site. If an update is performed using data from another source, by another method, or with a PS3 system that has been altered or modified in any way, the PS3 system may not operate properly and may not be able to install the official update data. Any of these actions may void the PS3 system warranty and affect your ability to obtain warranty services and repair services from Sony Computer Entertainment.