Connecting your PlayStation 3 to the Internet opens up a world of online entertainment.
Whether you want to play online, keep in touch with friends or download exclusive games and media from PlayStation Network, this section will guide you through getting your PS3 online.
Before you get started, check that you have a working Internet connection. In addition, you will need:
- A PlayStation 3 system
- A high speed internet account with an Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- A wireless router compatible with 802.11b or 802.11g Wireless standards or an Ethernet (non-wireless) router and an Ethernet cable.
If you are having problems with your broadband connection or you are unsure which type of router you have, speak to the person who set up your account or contact your ISP.
Connect to the Internet
If network settings are already completed, the PS3 system will automatically connect to the Internet when the system is turned on. The connection will remain active as long as the system is on.
Using the Internet browser
1 Select Network > [Internet Browser], and then press the X button.
The Internet browser opens. A busy icon (1) is displayed while the page is loading.
Basic operations of the Internet browser:
- Directional buttons: Move the pointer to a link.
- Right stick: Scroll in the desired direction.
- L1 button: Go back to the previous page.
- START button: Enter an address.
- Triangle button: Switch between displaying and not displaying the menu.
Viewing the user's guide
You can use the Internet browser to view the online user's guide for the PS3 system. Select Network > [Online Instruction Manuals], and then press the X button.
You can also access the online user's guide at eu.playstation.com/ps3/support/manuals.
This guide contains detailed information about using the PS3 system.
Creating a Sony Entertainment Network account
By creating a Sony Entertainment Network account, you can enjoy communicating with your Friends or download games or videos from PlayStation Store.
Select PlayStation®Network > [Sign Up for PlayStation®Network], and then press the X button. The screen for creating an account will be displayed.
- An Internet connection is required to create an account.
- PlayStation Network service content may vary depending on the region.
- Images may vary depending on the model or the software version in use.