Find out how to switch off your PlayStation 3 safely.
1. Press the power button.
The power indicator lights up in solid red.
1. Power indicator: solid red
2. Power button
- When the power indicator is lit solid green or flashing green, be sure to abide by the notices below. If you do not, data loss or corruption, or damage to the system may occur.
- Do not unplug the AC power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Do not move or change the position of the system.
- Before using a wireless controller, you must first pair it with the system.
- You can also turn the PS3 system on and off using the PS button on the wireless controller. If you use the PS button to turn on the system, the controller number will be assigned at the same time. To turn off the system, press the PS button for more than one second, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- You can also turn off the PS3 system from the XMB menu. Select Users > [Turn Off System].
- If you will not be using the system for a long period of time, check that the power indicator is lit solid red, and then unplug the AC power cord from the electrical outlet.