Find out how to save data from PlayStation format software.
Saved data for PlayStation 3 format software is saved on the PlayStation 3 system's hard disk drive and is displayed under Game > [Saved Data Utility (PS3™)] on the XMB™ Menu.
To save data from PlayStation format software, you must create the internal memory cards on the hard disk and assign the cards to slots.
- This system does not support playback of PlayStation 2 format software. Even if you create an internal memory card for PlayStation 2 format software, you will not be able to use it to play games.
Creating internal memory cards
1. Select Game > [Memory Card Utility (PS/PS2)], and then press the X button.
2. Select [Create New Internal Memory Card], and then press the X button.
3. Select [Internal Memory Card (PS)], and then press the X button.
Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the operation.
1. Select Game [Memory Card Utility (PS/PS2)], and then press the X button.
2. Select the internal memory card that you want to use, and then press the Triangle button.
Select [Assign Slots], and then assign [Slot 1] or [Slot 2].
- Depending on the software, slots may be preassigned. For details, refer to the instructions supplied with the software.
- You can assign slots during gameplay. Press the PS button on the wireless controller, and then select [Assign Slots] from the screen that is displayed.