Get the most from your PlayStation 2 by using the correct cables to suit your particular TV.
Connecting to a TV with audio/video input (AV)
When you buy PlayStation 2, you'll be supplied with an AV Cable, which you use to link your PS2 to the TV.
- Plug the colour-coded plugs at one end of the cable into the corresponding jacks on the TV (these are usually, but not always, at the front).
- The Yellow cord should go in the yellow socket (video), the red into the red (right audio), and white to white (left audio). Note: If you have a mono TV, don't attach the red plug (If you're not sure if your TV's mono, or need more information about this, please refer to the PlayStation 2 instruction manual for further details)
- Set your TV to the appropriate video input mode (AV channel) using your remote control (* See your TV set-up guide for more information).
- Attach the AV Cable to the socket at the back of your PS2 labelled AV MULTI OUT.
Connecting to a TV with a Euro-AV connector using the Euro-AV connector plug
As well as the AV Cable, you'll also find a Euro-AV connector plug in your PlayStation 2 box. This is another essential bit of kit for hooking your PS2 up to your TV, and is used for connecting TVs that have a SCART socket.
- Plug the colour-coded pins from your AV Cable into the corresponding sockets of the Euro-AV connector.
- Slot the Euro-AV connector into the SCART socket on your TV (usually, but not always, at the back of your TV).
For more ways to connect your console to your TV and entertainment system, please refer to the PlayStation 2 instruction manual for further details.