|Release date:||21 November 2003|
The classic 70's sci-fi series is reborn on TV and now on PS2 as you take to the stars to fight the Cylon menace
The original sci-fi TV series told the story of a surviving colony of man escaping the tyranny of the robotic Cylons and searching for their mythic home planet... Earth. A flotilla of spaceships ferried the people from their smouldering planet, protected by a fleet of mighty Battlestars (space borne fighter carriers), the greatest of which was the Battlestar Galactica. The game harks back 40 years before these fateful events, to the first assignment of a youthful William Adama aboard the Galactica and his dogfighting missions against an outnumbering Cylon force.
Climb aboard a Viper fighter craft as you blast from one of Galactica's launch bays and out into space. Your piloting skills will be challenged to the limit in an array of missions, including manning enemy craft such as a Cylon Raider. Dogfight over planets and giant starships and fly by the seat of your pants through asteroid fields and nebulae. Use your laser cannons and missiles to bring down the swarming robot enemies and turn on the Afterburn when you need to blast out of danger. Of course, you're not alone against the Cylon agressors, and commanding your wingmen wisely will turn them into an effective attacking squadron. You are mankind's only hope. Good luck, warrior.
- Inspired by the hit sci-fi series from the 1970's and the 2003 re-imagining
- Experience Adama's early years as a rookie Viper pilot aboard the Galactica
- Fly Vipers, Cylon raiders and heavy bombers against the metallic menace
- Command your wingmen to maximise your tactical advantage
- Voice cast include Dirk Benedict and Richard Hatch (Starbuck and Apollo from the original series), Dwight Shultz (Murdoch from The A-Team) and Kristanna Loken (T-X in Terminator 3)