Terms and Conditions
1. The "Chance to Win Flights, Accommodation and Press Passes to E3" competition ("Competition") is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are residents of the United Kingdom ("Entrant Country") except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition ("Entrants").
2. The Competition is open for entries on 2 May 2014 at 17.00 (BST) ("Opening Date") and closes on 9 May 2014 at 17.00 (BST) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the "Competition Period".
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions ("Terms").
4. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) if they do not have a Twitter account they must create one by visiting https://twitter.com/signup;
b) follow PlayStation UK on Twitter by visiting https://twitter.com/PlayStationUK; and
c) follow Destiny the Game on Twitter by visiting https://twitter.com/DestinyTheGame and retweet the following Competition post: "@Destinythegame I have the perfect #PS4Fireteam to get hands on with #Destiny at #E3 along with @PlayStation_UK".
5. Each Entrant may only submit one (1) entry and will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below).
6. There will be one (1) Winner ("Winner") and five hundred (500) runner-ups (each a "Runner-Up") selected randomly using an electronic computer programme from those Entrants who have retweeted the Post.
7. The Promoter shall notify the Winner by private direct message ("PDM") on Twitter, of their selection on 12 May 2014.
8. In order to claim their Winner Prize (as defined below), the Winner must respond appropriately to the Promoter's PDM within four (4) days from the date of the Promoter's PDM, and provide their full name, date of birth, email address, contact phone number and the name of their chosen companion (who must also be over 18 years of age) ("Companion").
9. The Winner will win the following "Winner Prize":
a) two (2) press pass tickets (one (1) press pass ticket for the Winner and one (1) press pass ticket for their Companion) to the E3 Expo ("Expo"), to cover the Expo for PlayStation Access TV, to be held at Los Angeles Convention Center in Los Angeles, USA from 10 June 2014 to 12 June 2014 inclusive ("Event");
b) return economy class flights for the Winner and their Companion from London Heathrow to Los Angeles International Airport ("LAX"), outbound on 08 June 2014 and inbound on 12 June 2014 (flights may not be direct);
c) four (4) nights' stay in a double or twin room at a hotel in Los Angeles with a minimum 4 star rating ("Hotel"), including breakfast;
d) a personal guide/cameraman from Yogscast (the company filming on behalf of the Promoter), who will film the Winner and their Companion throughout the course of the Event, and who will meet the Winner and their Companion at LAX and provide:
I. return transport from LAX to the Hotel on the dates of their inbound and outbound flights; and
II. return transport from the Hotel to the Event on 10 June 2014, 11 June 2014 and 12 June 2014; and
e) £200 of spending money, in the form of a prepaid credit card, to be put towards meals, drinks, tips and transport (other than transport expressly included above) for the duration of the trip.
10. The ultimate value of the Winner Prize will vary according to the transport and accommodation provided, however the approximate Prize value (excluding VAT and flights) is GBP 2,500. The cost of flights will vary depending on many factors, including the date of booking, and have not been included in the aforementioned Winner Prize value amount.
11. The Winner will be contacted by the Promoter within one (1) week of the date on which they confirmed their details to the Promoter, to arrange travel and other prize logistics. The Promoter may liaise with the Winner to discuss suitable travel arrangements (for example, preferred departure airports and flight times), however all flight, hotel and transport arrangements are at the Promoter's sole discretion.
12. The Winner and their Companion will be required to complete an information and prize acceptance form and submit copies of their passports to the Promoter to enable the Promoter to make the required arrangements. At the Promoter's request, the Winner shall provide any further personal details (for themselves and their Companion) which the Promoter may reasonably require.
13. The Winner is responsible for all travel and other related expenses not forming part of the Winner Prize, including but not limited to spending money, travel insurance, and any meals or other refreshments.
14. The Winner will need to provide valid credit or debit card details to the Hotel at check-in as a security deposit.
15. The Winner and their Companion must have a valid passport with an expiry date of at least six (6) months after the date of the return flight.
16. Visas are the responsibility of the Winner and their Companion. The Winner and their Companion will be required to visit the website https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov and complete the required information to apply for authorisation to enter the USA. The Winner and their Companion will not gain entry to the USA without completing the electronic system for travel authorisation (ESTA) process.
17. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send the Winner Prize, by email to the email address provided by the Winner, within one (1) week of the point at which any further details have been provided to the Promoter and/or Agency by the Winner as required. This will include, but is not limited to, the electronic tickets or booking confirmations for the flights, Event, transport and Hotel.
18. The Promoter shall notify each Runner-Up, by PDM, of their selection within two (2) weeks of the Closing Date.
19. In order to claim their Runner-Up Prize (as defined below), each Runner-Up must respond appropriately to the Promoter's PDM within one (1) week from the date of the Promoter's PDM, and provide their full name, email address and date of birth.
20. Each Runner-Up will win one (1) Destiny Beta code to access to the Beta version of Destiny: the Game ("Game") at www.bungie.net prior to the official launch of the Game on 9 September 2014. The Runner-Up Prize is of no monetary value ("Runner-Up Prize").
21. Runner-Ups must create a Bungie.net account in order to redeem their Runner-Up Prize at http://www.bungie.net/en/User/Register.
22. In these terms, ("Prize") shall mean a Winner Prize and/or a Runner-Up Prize, as appropriate in the context.
23. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send the Runner-Up Prize, by email, to each Runner-Up, within one (1) week of receiving a Runner-Up's details. The date of access via the access code will be communicated to each Runner-Up with the access code, or separately by email at a later date.
24. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute any Prize with a prize of a similar value.
25. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
26. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
27. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
28. The Winner, their Companion and each Runner-Up agree to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter. In particular, the Promoter may want to film the Winner and their Companion at the Event. By attending the Event, and by the Winner and their Companion each signing a publicity consent form, the Winner and their Companion will be deemed to give the Promoter, and its associated companies, licensees and assignees, permission to:
a) photograph, film and record them during their visit;
b) edit, alter, reproduce, publish and distribute any such photographs, recordings and films or anything derived from them ("Material") in any medium; and
c) use the Material, in whole or in part, for any purposes it deems necessary to promote, advertise or exploit any of Promoter's products and anything connected with or derived from them.
29. The Winner and their Companion also agree to waive any moral rights that they may have in the Material and to release the Promoter and its associated companies, licensees and assignees from any claims for payment in connection with their use of the Material.
30. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded. If an Entrant fails to comply with clauses 4, 5, 8, 12 and/or 19, they will be excluded from the Competition and their entry will be declared void.
31. The Winner and each Runner-Up may be required to pay tax on any Prize won in accordance with their jurisdiction's tax legislation and will be responsible for any related tax liability.
32. The Winner and their Companion must ensure that they comply with the relevant rules of entry when attending the Event. Any refusal of entry is not the responsibility of the Promoter and the Promoter shall have no liability to the Winner in respect of the same.
33. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish the Winner's and each Runner-Up's name on the Promoter's website(s). The Winner's and each Runner-Up's name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked 'Chance to Win Flights, Accommodation and Press Passes to E3 Competition' to the following address: Sony Computer Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
34. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
35. The "Promoter" is: Sony Computer Entertainment UK Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
36. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.
Information on how to enter and win prizes form part of the conditions of entry. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Twitter Rules (available at: http://support.twitter.com/articles/18311-the-twitter-rules).