Terms and Conditions
1. The "Free 180 Days Music Unlimited Subscription Voucher #" competition ("Competition") is open to persons aged 18 years or over who are residents of Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, Sweden and the United Kingdom ("Entrant Countries") except employees, agents, contractors or consultants of the Promoter (as defined below) and their immediate families, the Promoter's associated companies and anyone else professionally connected with the Competition ("Entrants").
2. The Competition is open for entries on [17/05/13] at 09.00 (GMT) ("Opening Date") and closes on [31/05/13] at 23.59 (GMT) ("Closing Date"). The period from the Opening Date to and including the Closing Date shall be referred to as the "Competition Period".
3. The Competition is free to enter and no purchase of any kind is necessary. Internet access is required to enter the Competition, and Entrants are responsible for any internet access and/or download fees and charges they may incur.
4. By entering the Competition, Entrants accept and will be bound by these terms and conditions ("Terms").
5. To enter the Competition, Entrants must complete the following steps during the Competition Period:
a) If they do not already have a Sony Entertainment Network ("SEN") (previously known as PlayStation®Network) account, create one using their PlayStation® system or online at https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork. com/pc/reg/account/create-account!input.action?service-entity=psn;
b) Visit the PlayStation® blog at http://blog.eu.playstation.com ("Blog");
c) Sign into their SEN account;
d) Click on the "[Win 180 days of Music Unlimited FREE] Blog post at [http://blog.eu.playstation.com/];
e) In the "Leave a Comment" box at the end of the Blog post, answer the following question ("Question") and click "Submit":
[If you could game with any artist, who would it be, what PlayStation game would you play and why?]
7. Each Entrant may submit multiple Competition entries by making multiple Blog posts responding to the Question, however each Entrant will only be eligible to win one (1) Prize (as defined below). Entrants who have previously won a prize through a similar "Free 180 Days Music Unlimited Subscription Voucher" competition on the Blog will not be eligible for a Prize in this Competition.
8. Each Entrant must adhere to the General Rules and in particular, to sections 7 and 8. In addition, entries must not contain any:
a) pornography, nudity, or sexually explicit imagery;
b) abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language;
c) harassing or defamatory content;
d) content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others;
e) content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality;
f) violent or dangerous behaviour; and/or
g) spam, advertising or other commercial activities.
9. Each Entrant grants the Promoter a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use entries for promotional purposes and for all the purposes related to the Competition, across all media including any online platforms under their control.
10. All entries must be completely original so as not to breach any third party copyright. The Promoter accepts no liability if Entrants ignore these Terms and each Entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Promoter against any claims by any third party arising from any breach of these Terms.
11. There will be one (1) winner ("Winner"). The Winner will be the Entrant who submitted the most creative response to the Question in reply to the Blog post, as determined by an independent judge in their absolute discretion. The decision of the judge is final.
12. The Promoter shall notify the Winner by email (to the email address linked to the Winner's SEN account) of their selection within one (1) week of the Closing Date.
13. In order to claim their Prize, the Winner must reply appropriately to the Promoter's email message within one (1) week of the date of the Promoter's email, confirming their full name, date of birth and country of residence.
14. The Winner will win a voucher for a 180 day Platinum Plan subscription for the Music Unlimited application ("Prize"), with a retail value of approximately:
a) 59.94 GBP;
b) 59.94 EUR;
c) 539.94 DKK/SEK/NOK;
d) 77.94 AUD; and
e) 83.94 NZD.
15. The Prize must be redeemed within six months of the date on which it is issued to the Winner. The Prize is redeemable via any Sony compatible internet connected device (such as a PC, Mac computer, Sony Internet TV, PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita, Android or iOS device) by completing the following steps:
a) For Android applications:
i. Download the Music Unlimited application for Android;
ii. Sign in to the Music Unlimited Android application using their SEN account;
iii. Select the "Menu" button in the top right hand corner;
iv. Select "Settings" and click on "Redeem Codes"; and
v. Enter the voucher code and click "Continue" followed by "Redeem Item".
b) For all other devices (including iOS applications):
i. Visit https://music.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/;
ii. Sign in to the Music Unlimited application using their SEN account;
iii. Select "Account Information" and click on the "Account" tab;
iv. Select "Redeem Prepaid Card" from the menu;
v. Enter the voucher code and click "Continue" followed by "Redeem Item"; and
vi. If using an iOS device, download the iOS Music Unlimited Application on the iTunes App Store and sign in using their SEN account. The voucher will be automatically applied to their SEN account following completion of the above internet-based steps.
16. The Prize may be redeemed by new or existing subscribers to the Music Unlimited application. For new subscribers, no debit or credit card details are required in order to sign up to the Music Unlimited application. At the end of the period covered by the voucher, their subscription shall terminate unless they purchase a paid subscription to Music Unlimited or activate another prepaid card. For existing Music Unlimited Access Plan or Platinum Plan subscribers, the voucher will be applied to their existing account and will come into effect at the end of their current subscription period. At the end of the period covered by the voucher, their subscription shall revert back to their previous subscription unless they upgrade/downgrade or activate another prepaid card. Entrants should refer to the full terms of service, available at http://www.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/gb-en/terms-of-service/ (in particular, section 10.b)).
17. Prizes must be taken as stated and may not be deferred, sold or transferred to another person. There will be no cash alternatives; however the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of a similar value.
18. The Promoter cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for any technical failure or malfunction or any problem which may result in any Competition entry, Blog post or other correspondence being lost or not being properly registered.
19. In the event of a dispute, the Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to cancel the Competition or amend these Terms at any stage, if deemed necessary in its opinion or if circumstances arise outside its control.
21. The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to send, by email to the email address linked to the Winner's SEN account, the Prize to the Winner within thirty (30) days of receiving confirmation of the Winner's details.
22. If the Prize is found to be ineffective, faulty or damaged upon receipt, the Promoter must be notified in writing within seven (7) days of receipt, otherwise the Prize will be deemed to be accepted as received. This does not affect a Winner's statutory rights (if any).
23. The Winner agrees to take part in any reasonable publicity required by the Promoter.
24. The Promoter may, at its sole discretion, publish the Winner's name on the Promoter's website(s). The Winner's name will be made available on reasonable request to those enclosing a self-addressed envelope marked "Free 180 Day Music Unlimited Subscription Voucher #" to the following address: Sony Network Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom within six (6) weeks of the Closing Date.
25. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may in its sole discretion refuse to process an entry or fulfill any Prize awarded.
26. General Rules apply to the Competition. Please click here to view the General Rules.
27. The "Promoter" is: Sony Network Entertainment Europe Limited, 10 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7LP United Kingdom.
28. To the extent permitted by applicable law, these Terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and the contract between each Entrant and the Promoter shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England.