Perform a new installation of the system software.
IMPORTANT NOTE: This procedure is for initialising your PS4 system and performing a new installation of the system software, such as for when you replace the hard disk drive. Be careful when using an update file for reinstallation. All users and all data will be deleted.
The following things are needed to perform the update:
* There must be approximately 900 MB of free space.
1) On the USB storage device, create folders for saving the update file.
Using a computer, create a folder named "PS4". Inside that folder, create another folder named "UPDATE".
2) Download the update file, and save it in the "UPDATE" folder you created in step 1.
Save the file with the file name "PS4UPDATE.PUP".
To perform a new installation of the system software: DOWNLOAD NOW
3) Turn off the power of your PS4 system completely. Check that the power indicator is not lit. If the power indicator is lit orange, touch the power button on the PS4 system for at least seven seconds (until the system beeps a second time).
4) Connect the USB storage device that the update file is saved on to your PS4 system, and then touch the power button for at least seven seconds. The PS4 system starts in safe mode.
5) Select [Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)]. Follow the screens to complete the installation.
If your PS4 system does not recognise the update file, check that the folder names and file name are correct. Enter the folder names and file name in single-byte characters using uppercase letters.
Enjoy Dead Space 3, LEGO Batman 2, Towerfall Ascension and more